(Youth Together, Youth Forever Youth Group – Anyone in 6th – 12th grades is welcome to join the Youth Group. You or your Family do not have to be a member of Zion’s for you to join the Youth Group. We meet every second Sunday of the Month from 7:00pm – 9:00pm (unless otherwise noted). We currently have between 20-25 youth group members and 9 youth group advisors. We visit our shut-ins twice a year and give them communion. We have sleepovers, play games, hold a dinner and “Fun” night once a year, go to sporting events, hold a gift card fundraiser, help out at the church functions, hold a 30 hour famine, walk for the Horses & Horizons Therapeutic Learning Center, and numerous other events and activities. We keep busy but we have a lot of fun!! Come join us!)
YOUTH GROUP NEWS….
February 11, 2018 Meeting Minutes
Members present at Meeting were: Anthony Ciavaglia, Benjamin Hehn, Dorothy Knowlan, Allan Knowlan, Kyra Lusch, Gabe Fritz, Brady Miller, Dylan Miller & James (Lusch), Maxine Beers, & Lacey Beers
Advisors present: Karen Wood, Dave & Adele Snyder, Kyle Snyder & Charlotte Fritz
Secretary’s Report was given by Adele Snyder
Treasurer’s Report – Donations were given to HHTLC (reimb. by DelRoy Haas), Alexis Jones & Carson Barron
Old business discussed at the meeting was:
- Movie Sleepover – three movies were shown during the sleepover. “6 Below, A Miracle on the mountain”, Cars 3, & An Angel for the Holidays. We enjoyed popcorn, snacks, drinks and homemade breakfast by our Chef Ken Mateyak
- Cancer Benefit Dinner – was held on January 27, 2018. Members of the youth group helped serve the tables, helped with drinks, cleanup. The Advisors were very proud of everyone who help make this dinner a success.
- Souper Bowl Sunday – was held on Sunday, February 4th. Some of the Youth Group were standing at the Narthex and Sunday School doors for anyone who wanted to make a donation of a canned good or monetary donation. All donations went to the Salvation Army in Tamaqua. We collected 99 canned goods and $120.00. Thank you to everyone who donated!
- 30 Hour Famine – The date is set for Friday – Saturday, April 27 – 28 w/Youth Sunday on April 29.
- Ben Salem Dodgeball Game – Members of the Ben Salem Youth Group would like
to invite the members of St. Peter’s, St. John’s, & Zion’s. The date was scheduled for Sat. Feb. 24th but do to a conflict in schedule, a new date will be set.
- Gift Card Sales – The youth group sold over 1085 gift cards! Thank you to everyone who supported the youth group fundraiser. Top Sellers were Kendall Earle, Austin Troxell, Gabe Fritz, Danika, Maxine, Lacey Beers & Makenna Storch.
- Pork & Sauerkraut Dinner – The church will be hosting another Pork & Sauerkraut
Dinner on Saturday, March 24th from 3:00pm – 7:00pm. Volunteers will be needed.
- Donation to the Mckayla Wall Tamaqua School Scholarship was discussed.
Next Youth Group meeting – will be held on Sunday, March 11, 2018 at 7:00pm. Respectfully Submitted by Charlotte Fritz, Y.T.Y.F. Treasurer
Snacks: Gabe Drinks: James